Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Driving Into the Sunrise

Windows down.  Open road.  Loud music.  Silence.  Wandering.  Aimless.

This is when I know I need to talk.  This is when I avoid people.  I blast the music.  I sit in silence.  I drive.

Sense of control?  Need for distraction?  Spinning.  My thoughts,  my emotions,  my worries.

Nights of restless sleep.  Days filled with chatter.  

There is something about the sunrise.  A clean slate.  Renewed optimism.  The chance to start fresh.  Each day, the opportunity to make things right, do good and put faith into action.


I drove into the sunrise the other morning.  Tears.  Peace.  Hope.















2 comments:

allisa jacobs said...

stunning, words & photo.

sending hugs!

xo

Eryn said...

Beautful Jen! For real. (Both your words and the sunrise).